- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- $13.80 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton & Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & IMF
Pay Grade: NA-7404-05
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare ingredients needed on a daily basis to be sent to a separate facility
- Able to follow oral and written instructions, worksheets, recipes, menus, and work time schedules.
- Knowledgeable of food related equipment such as Fryers and Grills.
- Planning and coordinating items to be prepared for serving at a certain time.
- Able to adjust recipes for amount to be prepared which is available on a day to day worksheet.
- Clean various grill equipment by disassembling and re-assembling.
- Clean up the work area.
- Wash, rinse and sensitize pots, pans and kitchen utensils.
- Other cooking and food preparation duties and responsibilities as required
- Hours are Monday thru Friday, 4:00am to 12:30pm; 5:00am to 1:30pm on rotating shifts (not on Federal Holidays)
- Skilled high volume cook.
- One (1) year minimum experience.
- Produce high quality food within specific timing standards, in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Neat and clean image, strong work ethics, positive, teamwork oriented attitude.
- Must be able to cook burgers, etc..
- Must pass criminal background investigation.
- Maintain properprep and inventory, enforce safety
- Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50-pound as needed.
- Reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, squat and reach on a consistent basis.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of National Agency (NACI) background check with written inquiries required. . Must walk or stand for prolonged periods of time. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Work is normally performed inside with adequate light, heat and fresh air.
How to Apply: Obtain Application and Declaration for Federal Employment (form 306) from: www.navylifepnw.com. Send signed application, Form 306, and resume via mail to: CNRNW FFR, Attn Human Resources, Bldg. 94, 610 Dowell Street, Keyport, WA 98345; via e-mail to: CP-Personnel.email@example.com, or by fax to (360) 396-5445.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER