Motor Vehicle Operator
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $13.80 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton & Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & IMF
Pay Grade: NA-5703-05
Introduction: This position is located at NBK Bremerton Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF Employee Food Services. The purpose of this position is to operate a motor vehicle.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives automobiles and trucks up to and including 1-ton capacity to transport personnel, articles, and materials throughout the installation and on public roads, for long and short periods.
- Assists with loading and unloading materials, and assures vehicle is not loaded beyond the rated capacity by checking cargo papers and by visual observations.
- Complete trip tickets and preventive maintenance records, fills out driver’s accident report in case of accident.
- Performs driver’s maintenance in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be skilled in handling the controls for starting, stopping, backing, and driving the vehicle.
- Must know the height, width, length, and weight of vehicles driven to judge overhead and side clearances, turning radius, braking distance, and the safest distance to be maintained from a preceding vehicle.
- Must know safety rules and regulations and other posted rules for moving vehicles, and how to load cargo onto the vehicle arranging it to prevent shifting and falling.
- Must know or be familiar with reporting requirements and procedures applicable for service records and accident reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of National Agency (NACI) background check is required. Must have good driving record.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
How to Apply: Obtain Application and Declaration for Federal Employment (form 306) from: www.navylifepnw.com. Send signed application, Form 306, and resume via mail to: CNRNW FFR, Attn Human Resources, Bldg. 94, 610 Dowell Street, Keyport, WA 98345; via e-mail to: CP-Personnel.firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to (360) 396-5445.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER