- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- $17.19 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
Location: Naval Station Everett The Commons
Pay Grade: NA-3566-02
This position provides quality customer service to all eligible patrons. Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
Summary of Duties:
- Performs variety of janitorial and or semi-skilled laboring duties such as vacuuming rugs and draperies; shampoos rugs and upholstery; sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using light to heavy industrial-type equipment.
- Dusts, waxes and polishes furniture, dusts ledges and woodwork; empties cigarette disposal cans and waste baskets, disposing of trash and recycling waste appropriately. Cleans glass partitions, inside and outside windows, walls and ceiling fixtures using ladders and scaffolds.
- May be required to move and set up tables, chairs and other equipment as required for events. Maintains restrooms in clean and sanitary condition including disinfects and deodorizes lavatories, sinks and toilet bowls, replaces deodorizers, toilet tissue and soap. Cleans mirrors and water fountains and performs light maintenance such as changing light bulbs.
- Occasional tasking are application of ice control material, shoveling snow, light mowing and watering lawns around the assigned building.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge and skill sufficient to read signs and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to work safely while moving lightweight objects. Must be able to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies such as floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, cleaning compounds and solutions and perform minor maintenance on equipment. Ability to satisfactorily complete background checks to include a National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
Conditions of Employment: Exerts moderately heavy physical effort in controlling heavy equipment, carrying and setting up and working from ladders and scaffolds. Constantly standing or walking; frequently lifting or moving objects from 30 to 50 pounds. Work areas maybe uncomfortable, warm and noisy; exposed to minor bruises, also danger of slipping on wet floors.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, child care, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
How to Apply: Application and Declaration for Federal Employment (form 306) online: www.navylifepnw.com. Send signed application, Form 306, and resume via mail to: CNRNW FFR, Attn Human Resources, Bldg. 94, 1103 Hunley Road, Silverdale, WA 98315; via e-mail to: CP-Personnel.email@example.com; or fax: 360-396-5445.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER