Community Recreation Programmer
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $18.00 - $24.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap - Bremerton Community Recreation/LIBERTY Program
Pay Grade: NF-0188-03
This position provides quality customer service to all eligible patrons. Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
Brief Description of Duties: This position is responsible for the planning, coordinating, execution and evaluation of a comprehensive monthly calendar of reoccurring and non-reoccurring recreation al activities, classes, events, trips and programs. Recreation activities include but are not limited to special events, seasonal programs, and ongoing daily activities; including instructional classes, contests, trips and tournaments. Prepares adequate needed supplies, equipment, transportation, marketing support and appropriate contacts and arrangements for the success of the programs. Evaluates effectiveness of program delivery based on user metrics, surveys, interactions with patrons and ICE comments. Prepares, justifies and monitors the execution of the annual operating budget. Ensures all facilities and activities associated with the recreation program meet established fire, safety, security and sanitation guidelines. Recruits, trains, and manages volunteers, special interest groups and interns associated with programs in area of responsibility. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a four-year undergraduate degree in Recreation or Leisure or related subject area and one year of professional experience OR three years of specialized Recreation work experience equivalent to the next lower grade;
- Must be able to utilize a computer and have basic knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet Explorer. Possesses strong communication skills to effectively communicate with military personnel, advisory groups, DOD personnel, local community program representatives, and vendors;
- Ability to exercise good judgment with skill, tact and resourcefulness in planning, programming, implementing diverse activities and performing multiple duties with limited direction or supervision;
- Must have general knowledge and skill in developing and executing operating budgets;
- Incumbent demonstrates knowledge of marketing and promotion technique for optimum program participation.
Conditions of Employment: Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion and maintenance of National Agency (NACI) background check. Must be able to obtain certifications in First Aid and CPR within the first 90 days on the job. Must possess a valid driver’s license. The work requires frequent physical exertion such as but not limited to: walking considerable distances, lifting, carrying, moving and handling recreational supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds. Must be physically able to operate a 15-passenger van for the purpose of transporting participants and/or recreational equipment on trips. Requires Safe Inflatable Operators Training Organization certification. Work hours will be Monday thru Friday 12:00 till 8:30 pm and may include weekends and holidays as programs dictate. Selected candidates will be contacted prior to the interview and be given a project to complete.
How to Apply: NAF Application and Declaration for Federal Employment Form 306 available online at www.navylifepnw.com/jobs and/or at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539829400. Send a signed application, Declaration Form 306, and resume via e-mail to: CP-Personnel.email@example.com, via mail to CNRNW, Attn: Human Resources, Bldg. 94, 610 Dowell St, Keyport, WA 98345 or fax to (360) 396-5445.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER