Food Service Worker Production Lead
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- $15.20 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
Location: Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton - Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & IMF
Pay Grade: NL-7408-04
Introduction: This position is located in the Food and Beverage Division of the Civilian Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Department of Employee Food Services, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF. The purpose of this position is to serve as a working leader of Food Service Workers in food preparation and production for satellite canteen facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- A working leader, is responsible for passing on to Food Service Workers instruction received from Production Coordinator/Supervisor.
- Set the pace for accomplishing food preparation and productions duties.
- Assists the supervisor in the training of new Food Service Workers and answers questions on procedures and other pertinent aspects of food preparation and production operations.
- Insures supervisor’s schedule and priorities are adhered to and keeps supervisor informed of the status and progress of work assignments.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and regulations and advises supervisor of problem areas.
- Performs the same work as Food Service Workers which includes but not limited to assisting in the production effort, preparing food item packaging, sealing and labeling, and performing housekeeping duties. Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Qualifications: Must have at least six months experience in food services duties such as preparing food and vegetable salads, performing cleaning duties and the ability to lead others in assigned tasks. Knowledge of safety in operation and cleaning food service equipment.
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of National Agency (NACI) background check is required.
Working Conditions: Long periods of time on your feet. Frequent lifting, bending, twisting, squatting and reaching. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds as needed.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
How to Apply: Interested applicants may apply online at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530785100 or www.navylifepnw.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER