Fitness Equipment Repairer
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular Part-Time
- $15.35 - $15.99 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Cutoff Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap Deployed Forces Support Office
Pay Grade: NA-4737-06
This position provides quality customer service to all eligible patrons. Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
Brief Description of Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to repair, maintain, clean, assemble/install fitness and recreational equipment on afloat vessels to meet accepted industry and customer standards in preparation for deployment at NBK-Bremerton and/or at NS Everett base as needed. Additionally, maintain sports, fitness, and aquatic facilities, playing fields and green spaces. Performs preventative maintenance on a wide variety of cardio and strength equipment, such as treadmills, elliptical machines, cycles, and cabled strength training apparatuses. Installs, troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, replaces or repair parts, calibrates, tests, and makes adjustments. Reads and interprets manuals, instructions, and work plans to perform services. Keeps all tools and measuring devices organized and in good repair. Disposes of unserviceable equipment through proper channels. Uses a computer software program to document and track equipment’s date of purchase, service schedules, usage, problems, repairs, parts used, and disposal. Ensures strict 100% compliance with all hazardous materials (HAZMAT) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) instructions. Ensures the Supervisor is notified of any HAZMAT or OSHA deficiencies. Determines and requests necessary maintenance and repair supplies. Schedules equipment repair and maintenance service training seminars (for self and fitness personnel) with vendors.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a minimum of two years of experience in equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and comprehend manuals and instructions used in repairing equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, analyze, and identify equipment problems and performance engine or large equipment mechanic, but must have strong knowledge of both mechanical and electrical components for small motors and equipment requiring adjustment, calibration and preventive maintenance for optimum performance.
- Knowledge of OSHA and HAZMAT principles, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies related to those areas.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office programs (e.g Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to use job-related software.
- Ability to effectively facilitate staff and management equipment maintenance briefings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Conditions of Employment: Must meet Federal Employment secret clearance level of requirements and successful completion and maintenance of National Agency (NACI) background check. Incumbent is frequently exposed to drafts, noise, dirt, fumes that may cause irritation and possible electric shock, scrapes, burns and cuts. Incumbent must be able to lift and move objects exceeding 70 pounds. Must be able to work varied work schedules to include split days off, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Subject to recall. Must be able to maintain valid driver’s license. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain following certifications within 90 days of hire: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification, First Aid Certification and Program specific certification (Navy Basic, SIOTO, etc.). Must be able to obtain Fitness or Recreation Equipment Repair certification, within six months of accepting the position.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
HOW TO APPLY: NAF Application and Declaration for Federal Employment Form 306 are available at www.navylifepnw.com/jobs. Send signed application, Form 306 and resume to: CP-Personnel.email@example.com or mail to NRNW Fleet & Family Readiness Program, Attn: Personnel Bldg. 94 1103 Hunley Rd Silverdale WA 98315. May fax application, (360) 396-5445. Apply online: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550671100?t=1572641178896
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER