Fitness Equipment Maintenance Mechanic
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $16.86 - $17.56 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap Ftiness Centers - Bangor, Bremerton, Keyport & NAVMAG Indian Island
Pay Grade: NA-4801-06
This position provides quality customer service to all eligible patrons. Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
Brief Description of Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to repair and maintain fitness and recreational equipment primarily located at NBK Bangor with travel to NBK Keyport and NAVMAG Indian Island as needed. Installs troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, calibrates, tests and maintain fitness equipment such as treadmills, elliptical machines, cycles and cabled strength training equipment. Utilizes manufacturer manuals and instructions. Establishes and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule and fitness equipment repair schedule. Maintains instructions, standard operating procedures, forms and other written information to insure the safe operation of fitness equipment, tools and machinery. To include, OSH, HAZMAT and manufacturers recommended repair timelines and procedures.
Manages an equipment inventory matrix to ensure all equipment is tracked and in proper working order. Utilizes a computer and various software to complete administrative duties related to the position (i.e. tracking equipment/parts inventory, expense, e-mail, etc.) Maintains an inventory of hand and power tools used for repair of fitness equipment. Determines and reports necessary supplies in order to properly maintain equipment. Provides inut/technical advice when management is considering procurement of new equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a minimum of two years of experience in equipment maintenance and repair OR One year of specialized experience in fitness equipment repair.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and comprehend manuals and instructions used in the repair of equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, analyze, and pinpoint maintenance problems on fitness equipment and perform tasks required to correct the problem. Must have strong knowledge of both mechanical and electrical components for small motors and equipment requiring adjustment, calibration or preventative maintenance for optimum performance.
- Must be able to recognize when repaired are beyond capabilities and need to be referred out. The standard is to maintain the equipment at full performance level.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) and Hazardous Waste Management (HAZMAT) principles, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies related to those areas
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office programs (e.g Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding procurement, control and disposition of property.
- Ability to effectively facilitate staff and management equipment maintenance briefings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Conditions of Employment: Must meet Federal Employment clearance level of requirements and successful completion and maintenance of National Agency (NACI) background check. Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to obtain fitness equipment repair certification within 6 months of accepting the position which can be obtained on-the-job through manufacturer training workshops. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain following certifications within 90 days of hire: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification and First Aid Certification. Must be able to maintain valid driver’s license. Incumbent is frequently exposed to possible electrical shock, scrapes, burns and cuts. The work environment requires constant vigilance in the interest of safety. Incumbent must be able to lift and move objects as much as 70 pounds on a regular basis. Incumbent maybe required to use machinery, lifts and other means to lift and move objects exceeding 70 pounds in weight.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, child care, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
How to Apply: NAF Application and Declaration for Federal Employment Form 306 available online at www.navylifepnw.com/jobs. Send a signed application, Declaration Form 306, and resume via e-mail to: CP-Personnel.firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail to CNRNW, Attn: NAF HR Bldg. 94, 1103 Hunley Rd Silverdale, WA 98315 or fax to 360-396-5445. May apply at USAJobs at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554271800?t=1576191845556.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER