- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $14.84 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
Location: Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF
Pay Grade: NA-7405-03
Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
Introduction: This position is located at NBK Bremerton Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF Employee Food Services. The Barista is responsible for making a large variety of coffee and espresso drinks to meet customer requests. Outlets are located within PSNS & IMF and NBK/Bremerton.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve made-to-order espresso, other beverages, snacks and food items.
- Maintain strict food safety and sanitation standards.
- Operate a cash register according to standard cash control procedures.
- Make correct change and complete a Daily Activity Report (DAR).
- Take physical inventories.
- Clean equipment and workspace.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Skilled high volume barista with one (1) year experience preferred.
- Current Washington State Food Handlers card and valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
- Positive, teamwork oriented attitude. Must be reliable and able to communicate in English Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of National Agency (NACI) background check is required.
Working Conditions: Long periods of time on your feet. Frequent lifting, bending, twisting, squatting and reaching. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds as needed.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
How to Apply: Interested applicants may apply online at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562715600 or navylifepnw.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER