- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- $13.50 - NF-01 Lifeguard - $16.19 - NF-02 Swim Instructor Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
Location: Naval Base Kitsap - Aquatics Program
Pay Grade: NF-0189-01/NF-0189-02
Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
Brief Description of Duties:
Lifeguard, NF 01 -
- Performs rescue work, promptly renders CPR or emergency first aid, and calls for medical assistance as necessary. Supervises swimmers for safety and crown control. Enforces safety and pool regulations. Promptly reports safety hazards to supervisor. Responsible for cleanliness of the buildings and grounds at the pool areas. Responsible for testing pool chemical levels. Responsible for daily interactions with customers.
Swimming Instructor/Lifeguard, NF 02 -
- Responsible for conducting American Red Cross Swim Lessons, plan and prepare for classes and properly maintain records for student achievement. Must have thorough background in swimming skills and class management. Performs rescue work, promptly renders CPR or emergency first aid, and calls for medical assistance as necessary. Supervises swimmers for safety and crowd control. Enforces safety and pool regulations. Promptly reports safety hazards to supervisor. Responsible for the cleanliness of the buildings and grounds at the pool areas. Responsible for testing pool chemical levels. Responsible for daily interactions with customers.
Qualification Requirements: Successful completion of a National Agency (NACI) background check required as condition of employment.
Lifeguard: NF 01 -
- At times work can require strenuous physical exertion and stamina, incumbents must be able to pass an annual 250 yd. timed swim test. Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal communication skills. Incumbents without a valid Lifeguarding Certification will be accepted in the Lifeguarding course provided by Naval Base Kitsap Aquatics Center to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
Swimming Instructor/Lifeguard: NF 02 -
- Must have a valid Lifeguarding Certification from a recognized agency and a valid Water Safety Instructor Certification. At times work can require strenuous physical exertion and stamina, incumbents must be able to pass an annual 250 yard timed swim test. Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal communication skills.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Note: **This position is established as an “Open Register” position. Applications are accepted and considered continuously--year round. However, applications will only be kept “active” for three (3) months plus “inactive” for three (3) months for a total of six (6) months. Applicants must inform us of their continued interest beyond three (3) months.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, child care, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
How to Apply: Submit a completed NAF Application Form and Declaration Form 306 available to download at www.navylifepnw.com/jobs. You may email applications to: CP-Personnel.email@example.com or fax: (360) 396-5445 or mail, Attn: CNRNW NAF HR 1103 Hunley Rd Silverdale WA 98315.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER