Food Service Worker
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- - $13.50 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Worldwide US Citizen/CAC Eligble
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
Location: Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF
Pay Grade: NA-7408-01
Introduction: The Food Service Worker is responsible for performing all aspects of food production including preparing and packaging a large variety of food items following required sanitation policies. This position is located in the production area of the main kitchen within PSNS & IMF and NBK/Bremerton.
Summary of Duties:
- Prepare multiple food items including sandwiches and salads.
- Package food using wrapping machine and assorted containers.
- Label packaged goods with date and price stickers.
- Distribute food to correct locations in warmers and coolers.
- Maintain strict food safety and sanitation standards.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment and utensils.
- Mop/sweep production area floors.
- Second cashier as needed, other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, and up to 60 pounds. Current Washington State Food Handlers card and valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required. Some experience desired, we will train.
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of National Agency (NACI) background check is required. Light to moderate physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves objects. Dollies and loading carts are available when needed. Long periods of time on your feet.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
How to Apply: Apply online via USAJobs at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561326800.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER