Conference & Catering Manager
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $42 - $62 Yearly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap, Bangor - Bangor Plaza
Pay Grade: NF-1101-03
Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, Navy Exchangeand discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.Sign on bonus of $500 after 90 days of continuous employment.
Brief Description of Duties: Responsible for managing all aspects of the conference & catering operations. Plans special events such as membership affairs, command functions, cultural events, balls, etc. Meets with clients, discusses requirements such as date, number of guests, occasion, and explains services offered, i.e., room, decorations, menu, entertainment, etc. Makes recommendations, if needed. Costs function, prepares contract, signsand obtains clients signature deposits, if required. Coordinates food and beverage needs with appropriate personnel. Arranges required supplies, decorations, equipment, and personnel. Maintains private party book and contract file.Follows-up with clientevaluation of services rendered. Prepares private party brochures and advertising material. May provide input into establishing catering prices. Supervises private party personnel. The incumbent plans, schedules, coordinates and directs thework of lowergrade personnel, resolves most conflicts, interprets policy and determines methods and practices required to complete and maintain conference & catering programs and activities. May be required to use a cash register and POS system. Maybe called upon to perform duties of subordinate positions. Responsible for the active sales effort of the conference and catering operation. Works directly under the supervision of the Business Activity Manager Site Manager. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience that demonstrates knowledge of conference/catering sales and familiarity with related procedures, policies and pricing based on either a military or civilian sector environment versed in catering to the needs of the military and/or civilian clients with similar requirements/structure.
- Possess the skills necessary to assist customers in planning successful conference/catering events.
- Ability to perform the full-range of supervisory duties.
- Ability to prepare reports, forecast sales, and complete simple contractual arrangements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with various levels of employees and command personnel.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software programs.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel between work sites.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of a broad range of management principles, concepts and methodology to a variety ofactivities, events and services for the conference & catering program assigned.
- Ability to make decisions regarding what needs to be done including the assessment of the size and mix of the combined patroncommunity; cost targets; product and service adequacy standards; and required changes or exceptions to operational policies. Similarly, the incumbent must be able to evaluate the effectiveness of contracted services and functions.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop a recommended solution.
- Knowledge of DOD and Navy Fleet Readiness policies, regulation, administrative practices and procedures related to management, planning, some budgeting, scheduling and coordinating conference & catering programs and for efficient operation and use of assigned facilities and equipment preferred.
Conditions of Employment: This position is subject to background check in accordance with federal regulations.Work requires moderate physical strength and exertion, bending, stooping and carrying materials such as loaded trays or boxes maybe required. Maybe required to lift or move objects up to fifty pounds (50) such as tables, chairs, liquor cases etc. Work is primarily indoors, and may involve prolonged hours of standing and walking. Work is frequently required for evening, weekend and holiday events. To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, child care, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
How to Apply: Interested applicants may apply online via USAJobs.gov at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/689218100
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER