Deployed Resiliency Counselor
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $89,668 - $99,914 (plus 20% differential while deployed) Yearly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
First Review Tuesday, March 14
Location: Naval Base Kitsap - Fleet and Family Support Services
Pay Grade: NF-0101-04
Employee privileges include shopping access at the Navy Exchange and access to base facilitiessuch as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events. **Relocation and Sign-on bonuses negotiable**
Brief Description of Duties:
- The Deployed Resiliency Counselor (DRC) will serve as a credentialed clinical counselor, assigned to support a Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier (CVN) or Large Deck Amphibious Ship/Landing Helicopter Assault Ship (LHD/LHA) Command, deploying with the ship that they are assigned to, and continuing to hold office hours on the ship when at homeport
- Responsible to provide short term individual therapy and psycho-educational trainings on sailor resiliency topics such as suicide prevention, substance abuse, and the prevention of sexual assault
- Serves as a liaison to the homeport Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC), providing immediate response and coordination for allegation of sexual assault and as a liaison to the homeport Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
- The DRC is responsible to report to the ship’s Commanding Officer (CO) and will brief the CO on Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) and FAP cases as needed, overall training plans and any other high risk concerns that may arise
- The Counseling, Advocacy and Prevention (CAP) Supervisor, located at the homeport Fleet and Family Support Center will be responsible to provide clinical supervision and oversee peer review of the DRC while they are deployed and at the homeport
- The incumbent will be on call 24 hours a day while deployed for critical crisis intervention situations and work schedule may vary depending on requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: (You must meet the following requirements by closing date of the announcement)
- Minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited program in one of the following clinical fields: Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or a doctorate in Psychology.
- Current, valid, unrestricted state licensure or certification that provides legal authority to provide clinical services as an independent practitioner.
- Minimum of two years (at least 2000) full-time, post masters supervised clinical experience.
- Minimum of two years, full time post-license clinical experience.
The following documents are required and must be submitted with application:
- Transcripts (Must contain university logo, can be a copy)
- State Licensure or Certification
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation and contain no convictions of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Must complete one-year probationary period (unless already completed)
- Completion of DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification within 6-months of hire
- Incumbent will be required to complete a physical examination and be determined to be physically fit for shipboard dutyat all times
- During deployment there will be limitations on privacy and activities due to the shipboard environment
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Must apply and maintain a US No-Fee Passport upon employment.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or anyother non-merit factor.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, child care, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
How to Apply: Interested applicants may apply online via USAJobs at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/710008100
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER