Location: Naval Base Kitsap - All locations
Pay Grade: CY-1702-01/02, GSE-02/03/04
Multiple positions available, regular full-time, regular part-time and flex.
Employee privileges include shopping privileges at the Navy Exchange, access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, restaurants, and discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events.
*Sign-on Incentive Award of $ 500 paid after successful completion of CYP Orientation.
Up to $1,750 in Retention Bonuses and Time-off Awards within 12 months of employment.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Incumbent provides appropriate developmental care and instructions for children by attending to their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs
- Duties may include assisting in the child’s arrival and departure from the center, diapering, feeding, toileting, resting, etc.; developing and assisting with games and learning activities; observing and evaluating development levels and maintaining records and other related duties
Qualification Requirements: Must provide proof of High School Diploma/Transcripts or equivalent, and any additional education, certification, and or training as required prior to placement.
GSE-02 – Entry Level: The primary function of this position is to serve as a trainee assisting higher-level employees to provide appropriate developmental care and instruction for children in the Child Development Center. Applicant must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment and be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED). Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and successfully pass the required security and health checks.
GSE 03 – Intermediate Level: The grade level of this position represents the intermediate level for childcare positions. Performs many difficult childcare tasks using training and experience. Training will be of a progressively responsible and specialized nature associated with the childcare and development operations. In addition to meeting the requirements of the GSE-02, applicant must have six (6) months experience working with children or youth in a child or youth setting AND completion of child abuse modules and modules 1-3 of the Department of the Navy (DON) Standardized Module Training. Knowledge of basic child and youth development principles as they relate to children and youth’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development. Ability to plan and organize work and to interpret a curriculum or activity plan and follow written instructions.
GSE-04 – Target Level: Must possess one of the following: A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or Military School Age (MSA) credential OR completion of the DON Standardized Module Training AND 12 months of experience working with children and youth OR a 2 year degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field of study. Note: If the incumbent is hired initially at the GSE04 target position, the incumbent must complete the Navy module program within 18 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- These positions are subject to background check and pre-employment drug and medical screenings inaccordance with federal regulations
- Incumbent may be assigned to work at various Child & Youth Centers as needed within Naval Base Kitsap
- The work requires considerable walking, standing, bending, stooping and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Ability to favorably pass pre-employment physical, provide evidence of immunization and be free from communicable disease and ability to favorably pass pre-employment drug screening
- Please note: Marijuana is a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act and therefore use of marijuana is illegal under Federal law regardless of State laws
- A positive drug test result for marijuana (or any other drug tested for) will result in withdrawal of the tentative job offer and ineligibility to apply for a position within theDepartment of Defense for 6 months from the date of the drug test
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, childcare, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
Apply online: Interested applicants may apply on USAJobs at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/712236100
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER