- Announcement Number:
- Child Care
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- - $16.53 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: Naval Base Kitsap - Jackson Park School-Age Care
Pay Grade: NA-3566-02
Employee privileges include access to base facilities such as gyms, recreation centers, and restaurants, discount tickets to sporting and entertainment events, as well as shopping access at the Navy Exchange.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Performs custodial and housekeeping services according to the established specifications
- Some of daily cleaning services will take place when programs are not in operation and children/youth are not present. Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, waxes, polishes floors and cleans carpets. Wipes mirrors, metal doorplates, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, and all metal fittings
- Cleans showcases, entrance doors, activity spaces
- Dust, waxes and polishes furniture. Empties and washes trashcans
- Inspects grounds, notifies supervisor of safety hazards. Maintains restrooms in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition
- Operates and maintains power-cleaning equipment
- Maintains cleaning supplies, advises supervisor when supplies are needed or when equipment needs repairs or replacement
- Ensures that hallways, stairways, entrances, and doorways remain unobstructed by any cleaning operations or equipment
- May be required to move, set-up and/or rearrange, breakdown of furniture for specialevents
- Responsible for security, fire and sanitation rules, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Serves as a mandatory report to Family Advocacy and Child Protective Services in case of suspected incidences of child abuse and neglect. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of a variety of chemical and cleaning agents
- Skill to use a variety of household and industrial equipment and attachments
- Skill to operate, clean, and make adjustments to powered cleaning equipment
- Physical ability to move furniture, lift and move objects over 50 lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing, and possess strong interpersonal communication skill
Conditions of Employment:
- Physical exertion is involved in standing and walking for long periods, some bending, stooping and lifting is required
- Position requires a constant vigilance to ensure maximum security for youth, patrons and employees in and around the facility
- Work performed indoors and outdoors with varied work schedules and occasional weekend and evening hours in accordance with the requirements of the program at hand
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Advancement Opportunities: Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise as far-reaching as Europe & Japan with career opportunities in business, fitness, recreation, childcare, hospitality management, housing, food services, or human services. Gain valuable experience and benefit from our mentoring and employee development programs. Where do you want to go today?
How to Apply: Interested applicants may apply on via USAJobs at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/712529900
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER