- Announcement Number:
- Child Care
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $23.90 - $26.13 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Location: NAS Whidbey Island - Regatta Child Development Center
Pay Grade: CY-1702-02/GSE-05
WHAT YOU GET:
• Sign-on Incentive Award of $500 paid after successful completion of CYP Orientation.
• Up to $1,750 in Retention Bonuses and Time-off Awards within 12 months of employment.
• Competitive Wages & Benefits
• Full Benefits package for Regular Full-Time and Part-Time employees begin DAY ONE (No waiting period)
• NAF Retirement Savings AND 401(k) plan will match up to 3% of your salary
• Access to base recreation centers, gyms, movie theaters, Navy Exchange, and discount travel through AmericanForcesTravel.com
• Global Career Opportunities – Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise with opportunities to Navy Bases around the world
• Make a positive impact on the Military Community
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Provide appropriate specialized developmental care and instruction for children and youth in one or more Child & Youth programs. This includes the provision of guidance, assistance, and mentoring for the CY Program Assistants.
• Duties and responsibilities of the CYP Leader have been grouped into categories, including mentor, curriculum, indoor and outdoor environment, interactions and relationships, supervision of children and youth, parent and employee communication, assessment, and compliance.
• Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Completion of DoN Standardized Module Training AND 12-months experience at the CY-II (GSE-04) Level. OR
• A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or Military School age (MSA) credential AND completion of 1 year at the CY Program Assistant/Base Level 4 where incumbent displayed knowledge of and competency in developmentally appropriate programming for children and youth. OR
• A minimum of a 2-year degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development or related field of study which can include Youth Recreation, Phys. Ed, Elementary Ed, Secondary Ed, Psychology, Social Work or other degrees as appropriate.
• Knowledge of developmentally appropriate programs designed to meet the physical, emotional, social, and cognitive needs of children from 6 to 18 years of age.
• Must possess maturity and judgment and be capable of handling emergency situations.
• Demonstrate skill to provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to CY Program Assistants. Ability to develop curriculum outlines and lesson plans.
• Must possess organizational skills necessary for program planning and scheduling. Able to speak, read and write English and possess strong interpersonal skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must be at least 18 years of age and MUST provide proof of High School Diploma or equivalent, and any additional education, certification, and or training as required prior to placement.
• Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation.
• Ability to favorably pass pre-employment physical, provide evidence of immunization and be free from communicable disease and ability to favorably pass pre-employment drug screening.
• Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required.
• We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
APPLY TODAY: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/726146700
VISIT US AT: https://linkedin.com/company/navylifepnw/ OR https://www.navylifepnw.com