Bremerton Fitness Complex
Full service, state-of-the-art fitness center. Features cardio equipment, free weights, TRX, spin bikes, outstanding group fitness classes, and much more! Fitness equipment orientations, youth orientation, fitness assessments and facility tours are available.
- Full line of free weight equipment
- Cardiovascular exercise machines
- Selectorized weight machines
- Regulation sized basketball court/volleyball court
- 3 racquetball courts. For court reservations call (360) 476-2231.
- Full locker rooms - sauna, showers and lockers.
- One on one fitness assessments, consultations, body fat check and goal setting help with progress evaluations every 30 days.
- Weekly food log check and basic Navy nutrition guidelines.
- Body fat check and goal settings
- Fitness enhancement programs (FEP), with letter of command (CO/OIC) required
- Provide GMT on fitness and nutrition, PT and PRT, Health Fairs for commands.
- Trainings available include interval and circuit, cardiovascular and resistance, and a general wellness training.
- Modified workout programs for beginners, customize workout programs for those more advanced.
For more information please call: 360-476-7026
Family Friendly Fitness Center
The center is located in building 502 at NBK Bremerton and is open to all eligible MWR patrons. The center is designed to allow parents to work out while supervising their children. The center has an adult cardio equipment area, an infant play area for ages six weeks to 18 months and a toddler play area for ages 18 months to 9 years.
An eligible user is defined as Active Duty & Active Duty family members, Retiree & Retiree family members, Reservist & Reservist family members and DoD Civilian employees and DoD Contractors.
A guest is defined as any non-eligible patron and includes, DoD Civilian family members, DoD Contractor family members and visiting friends of any eligible patron. All guests must be escorted by their sponsor at all times. Guests are required to purchase a guest pass each time they use the facility.
The guest pass fee is all-inclusive and includes entrance to the facility and use of the pool, gym, fitness center, sauna, locker room facilities and all group fitness classes. The guest pass does not include group or private swim lessons.
Monthly Fitness Pass
This $35 all-inclusive Fitness Pass includes entrance to the facility and use of gym, fitness center, sauna, locker room facilities and all group fitness classes. It is only available to DoD Contractors who would otherwise pay a $6.50 a day entry fee.
Monthly Group Fitness Class Pass
Group Fitness classes include all group fitness instruction, including water aerobics. We offer a "Monthly Pass" for Group Fitness Exercise Classes. The pass is $30 and valid for unlimited classes for one month. The pass expires one month from date of purchase; it is non-refundable; non-transferable.
Youth must be 16 years old to utilize the fitness center unaccompanied. Those 7 to 15 years of age must attend a youth orientation session with a trainer to obtain a youth fitness card. This card allows the under-age user ages 7 - 11 years of age to work out in the Family Fitness areas only and ages 12 - 15 years to work out in any area of the fitness complex while accompanied (supervised) by an adult. Youth cards are issued at the trainer's discretion.
To schedule an appointment for a youth fitness orientation session, email email@example.com.
General Fitness Center Guidelines
- Consult a physician prior to beginning an exercise program.
- Always train with a partner in this facility.
- Warm up prior to using the equipment and cool down afterwards.
- Please limit yourself to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular equipment if others are waiting to use it.
- Please report any injuries or equipment problems to staff members located at the Gym Desk.
- Shirts, proper gym attire and shoes are required at all times.
- Sports bras or exposed undergarments must be covered.
- No obscene or offensive print or pictures on clothing allowed.
- Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to be in the weight rooms or cardio areas unsupervised.
- Infants and toddlers - Infants and toddlers in strollers, car seat carriers or infant of any sort are prohibited from any area of the fitness center. This is necessary to remove any potential injury to the child, as well as unsafe distractions from other patrons.
- Youth (9 and under) - When accompanied and under direct supervision of an adult 18 years or older may use the gymnasium area for basketball, racquetball, volleyball and/or instructional skills development.
- Youth (12 - 15) - When accompanied and under direct supervision of an adult 18 years of older, and upon completion of a Youth Fitness Orientation program, may use designated cardio and strength training equipment in this facility. Valid Youth Orientation ID and military cards required for ages 12 - 15.
- Youth (16 and older) - have unrestricted use of the facility.
Safety & Sanitation
- Food and drink are not allowed on the courts or in the fitness center, with the exception for water and sport-type drinks in plastic containers.
- For privacy and protection to all patrons, cell phone usage is prohibited in the locker rooms, fitness center and group fitness classes.
- No cameras allowed in the locker room area.
- Wipe off the controls, seats, rails and pads after usage.
- For sanitary purposes, use of workout towel is required.
- Weights, dumbbells and bars need to be returned to their proper place after usage.
- Be in control of your weights and don't allow them to drop.
- Use of weight collars is required.
- Dumbbells and weight bars shouldn't be allowed to rest on the padded benches.
- Appropriate attire (swimsuit, gym shorts, sports bra, towel),including shower shoes is required.
- Children under the age of 15 are not allowed in sauna.
- Limit stay to 10 minutes maximum.
- Refrain from loud and offensive behavior.
- If you feel faint or dizzy, leave immediately.
- Prohibited activities in the sauna include: Eating and drinking (with the exception of water), exercise activities, use of oils, scents, shampoo, soap or conditioners, reading newspapers, magazines or other paper products, performing personal hygiene functions, wearing plastic or rubberized suits, hanging or laying out clothing to dry.
All patrons are responsible for complying with these policies, as well as any additional policies posted throughout the facility.