Privacy & Security Notice
NOTICE: THIS IS A U.S. GOVERNMENT WEB SITE under Commander Navy Region Northwest
1. NavyLifePNW.com is provided as a public service by Commander Navy Region Northwest.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to email@example.com.
Commander Navy Region Northwest does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
Raw Data Logs
Information collected from Commander Navy Region Northwest statistical purposes. Below is an example of the information collected based on a standard request for a World Wide Web document.
Host name or IP address associated with the requester (you as the visitor). Depending on the requester's method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers assign different IP addresses for each session, so the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
Top Referring Sites: Identifies the domain names and numeric IP addresses that refer visitors to our site; as well as the top Search Engines referring visitors to our site.
Top Browsers: Identifies the type of browser software used to access the site, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages.