Naval Station Everett's Tsunami Pool is open to all eligible MWR users. Hours of operation restrictions apply.
Our pool features eight, 25-yard lanes ranging from 4 feet to 10 feet in-depth and an over 13-foot training well with a platform for Command training. Employing a salt-water purification system gives a less harsh feeling to the skin.
Due to pandemic mitigations and command training priority, there is limited lane availability; calling ahead is highly recommended.
Due to staffing issues, listed are changes to the Swim and Water Safety classes being offered:
- Youth swim lessons and water safety classes are not offered at this time.
- Swim and Stroke Clinic: Every Monday | 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.| Active Duty Only | No registration required
The Tsunami Pool is working hard to find instructors and lifeguards so we can continue to offer the programs you want. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a lifeguard for the Tsunami Pool please contact us at 425-304-3388.
Aquatics Facility Guidelines (effective 23 August 2021)
• Shower Shoes are required
• No towel service available for use.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
0600 – 1400 & 1530-2000: Lap/Fitness Swim - all eligible MWR users
Command Training have priority during operation hours.
Family Recreation Swim: Every Friday from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Limited lanes are available during this time)
General Pool Rules
Please review these general pool rules prior to coming to swim. This will make your visit more enjoyable.
• Swimming suits must be worn in pool (no shorts, t-shirts, or inappropriate styles of swimsuits please).
• Personal Flotation Devices must be US Coast Guard approved and must be authorized by the lifeguards. Personal water wing style and other aquatic novelty toys are not allowed.
• A full-body soap shower is required prior to entering the pool.
• Please, no street shoes in the pool area.
• All children 17 & under must take the Navy Youth Swim Test to swim outside of the non-swimmer zone.
RULES REGARDING CHILDREN
NAVSTA Everett has developed an opportunity for youth to use our pool for recreational purposes. Basic reminders that we ask you to adhere to include:
• An adult or someone 16 years or older MUST accompany children under 10 years of age.
• Children ages 10 - 16 years of age may swim unaccompanied after completing the swim test.
• All children 17 & under must take the Navy Youth Swim Test.
• Navy Youth Swim Test includes a 25-yard swim on the front with a recognizable stroke on front, 60 seconds treading water, and a jump into 6 ft. or deeper water then exiting the pool.
• Children wearing life jackets must remain in the non-swimmer area with a parent in the water with them. Parents must remain within arm’s reach at all times.
• Cloth diapers with tight-fitting plastic pants or a swim diaper is required as needed.