Due to COVID-19 precautions -Tsunami Pool is OPEN to Active Duty personnel ONLY.
Our pool features eight, 25-yard lanes and ranges from 4-feet to 13-feet in depth. Employing a salt-water purification system, the Tsunami Pool is less harsh than other local swimming pools. Programs include formal swim instruction for all ages, American Red Cross health and safety certifications and aquatics group fitness classes.
General Pool Rules
Please review these general pool rules prior to coming to swim. This will make your visit more enjoyable.
- Swimming suits must be worn in pool (no shorts, t-shirts, or inappropriate styles of swimsuits please).
- Personal Flotation Devices must be US Coast Guard approved and must be authorized by the lifeguards. Personal water wing style and other aquatic novelty toys are not allowed.
- A full-body soap shower is required prior to entering the pool.
- Please, no street shoes in the pool area.
- All children 17 & under must take the Navy Youth Swim Test to swim outside of the non-swimmer zone.
Tsunami Pool Programs
Youth & Teen Lessons
We offer a comprehensive, quality lesson program that follows the American Red Cross “Learn to Swim” curriculum, which is customized to fit the needs of our installation. Sessions consist of 7 or 8, 30-minute lessons.
Baby Waves at NAVSTA Everett are Parent and Child classes that offer a unique opportunity for parents to interact with their younger children in an aquatic environment and are taught by a certified instructor.
At NAVSTA Everett, we offer a US Masters-based swim curriculum for adults who would like to improve their swimming abilities. There are 4 series that focus on a variety of swim skills.
Health & Safety Classes
Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED & First Aid
This Red Cross certification course helps participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies until emergency medical services personnel take over. Participants must be 12 years of age or older to participate.
The course is to provide entry-level lifeguard candidates with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies until emergency medical services personnel take over. Candidates must be 15 years of age, able to swim a continuous 300 yards, tread for two minutes without hands and complete a timed retrieval of an object in 7 - 10 ft depth of water.
Successful candidates will receive a 2 year certification in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid. We offer a Hybrid option, with the majority of book work and videos are done online and then the candidates will come in for the Rescue Skills and CPR/AED/FA portions.
Active Duty/Reservist Swim Trainings
Our certified instructors will breakdown basic swimming techniques and provide feedback in a 30-minute session on swimming strokes required for military swim qualifications. No cost to participate but must pre-register in advance to session.
Additional Command Fitness Options
- Water Polo (with or without Inner Tubes)
- Water Volleyball
- Underwater Hockey
- Custom Aquatic Fitness Classes
PT & PRT Reservations
- Active Duty have priority Monday - Friday, 6 am - 1 pm.
- Advance Lane Reservations are suggested.
Aquatic Group Fitness Offerings
This face-paced aerobics class offers an hour of increased cardiovascular moves, building stamina while toning the major muscle groups. We finish off with core exercises and stretching.
Flow through this low impact fitness option, designed to improve range of motion and flexibility. Join this social class and work those joints and muscles throughout the whole body. This class is great for those rehabilitating or in need of a gentler workout.
Take your routine into the deep and bring a whole new level to your fitness. Finish off your day focusing on overall strengthening moves and building stamina. This deep water class is no-impact and great for turning up your intensity.
Rules Regarding Children
NAVSTA Everett has developed an opportunity for youngsters to use our pool for recreational purposes. Basic reminders that we ask you to adhere to include:
- An adult or someone 16 years or older MUST accompany children under 10 years of age.
- Children ages 10 - 16 years of age may swim unaccompanied after completing the swim test.
- All children 17 & under must take the S.P.L.A.S.H. swim test.
- Navy Youth Swim Test includes 25 yard swim on front with recognizable stroke on front, 60 seconds treading water, and a jump into 6 ft. or deeper water then exiting pool.
- Children wearing life jackets must remain in the non-swimmer area with a parent in the water with them. Parents must remain within arm’s reach at all times.
- Cloth diapers with tight fitting plastic pants or a swim diaper is required as needed.