Naval Station Everett's Tsunami Pool is open to all eligible MWR users. Hours or operation restrictions apply.
Our pool features eight, 25-yard lanes ranging from 4-feet to 10-feet in depth and an over 13-feet training well with platform for Command training. Employing a salt-water purification system giving a less harsh feeling on the skin.
Due to pandemic mitigations and command training priority, there is limited lane availability; calling ahead is highly recommended.
Due to staffing issues, listed are changes to the Swim and Water Safety classes being offered:
- Swim school is cancelled.
- Stroke school is cancelled.
- Personal Water Safety course is on hold
- Basic Water Rescue course is on hold.
- Adult swim lessons for July onward are on hold.
- Swim Mechanics for July onward are on hold.
The Tsunami Pool will resume classes when staffing improves.
Aquatics Facility Guidelines (effective 23 August 2021)
• Authorized pool users will not be permitted to bring guests.
• Lap/Fitness swim only, one swimmer per lane. Two swimmers are allowed if both are vaccinated.
• Recreation swim not available.
• Shower Shoes are required
• No towel service available for use.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
0600 – 1700: Lap/Fitness Swim - all eligible MWR users
Command Trainings have priority during operation hours.
General Pool Rules
Please review these general pool rules prior to coming to swim. This will make your visit more enjoyable.
• Swimming suits must be worn in pool (no shorts, t-shirts, or inappropriate styles of swimsuits please).
• Personal Flotation Devices must be US Coast Guard approved and must be authorized by the lifeguards. Personal water wing style and other aquatic novelty toys are not allowed.
• A full-body soap shower is required prior to entering the pool.
• Please, no street shoes in the pool area.
• All children 17 & under must take the Navy Youth Swim Test to swim outside of the non-swimmer zone.
RULES REGARDING CHILDREN (THE TSUNAMI POOL IS NOT CURRENTLY open for recreation use)
NAVSTA Everett has developed an opportunity for youth to use our pool for recreational purposes. Basic reminders that we ask you to adhere to include:
• An adult or someone 16 years or older MUST accompany children under 10 years of age.
• Children ages 10 - 16 years of age may swim unaccompanied after completing the swim test.
• All children 17 & under must take the Navy Youth Swim Test.
• Navy Youth Swim Test includes 25 yard swim on front with recognizable stroke on front, 60 seconds treading water, and a jump into 6 ft. or deeper water then exiting pool.
• Children wearing life jackets must remain in the non-swimmer area with a parent in the water with them. Parents must remain within arm’s reach at all times.
• Cloth diapers with tight fitting plastic pants or a swim diaper is required as needed.